Summer of '79

Yesterday, while I was having my lunch in the dining hall, a friend of mine came up and ask me whether I was from that state or not? I was shocked. A friend asking me the place where I was from at this point of time. The truth is he knew where I was and he was just confirming it. And he was asking me because a senior, better call it an alumni came up to our hostel and he was from the same state where I came from and he was willing to meet those students from same state where he hails! And I turn out to be the one and only choice.

Ya. we met. He was a pass out of the college in 1979. Wow! thats amazing. He looks like the age of my father. I think they might have been in the same class with my dad, given the previledge.

It was great meeting him.

I took him around the campus, to help him recollect his past memories. We walk down the memory lane. He said he even had a daughter who was pursuing her second year in bachelor degree somewhere.

I was thinking, that someday it might come to pass that I might also be like a father to the students studying in the college where I was pursuing my higher degree. The thing is as we walk down the memory lane, passers by might thought that I was walking with my dad!

Comments